October 29, 2014

What Does Our Military Look Like Going Into The Next Decade?

I have a good bit of personal experience in the military (10+ years) and a good working knowledge of its proficiencies and faults as a result. Even though it's been a couple of decades since I served, I can only imagine a number of the same ills plague our military do as they did back then.

I recently read an article in Forbes Magazine that disturbed me a good bit.  You can read it here.

I was aware our Army was shrinking, underfunded and under-trained but not to this degree. And all this in the midst of two active wars with several others pending. These deficiences are directly attributable to our government's leadership (or lack there of).

I would encourage everyone to take a look at this piece, it has a very sobering effect. If this isn't corrected right now, we could be in for a long, cold winter in rendering for our national defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment